Monday, January 14, 2008

Back in Flagstaff

We are now back in Flagstaff-after a 20+ hour trip from Germany to the US. Everything was included on the trip: people getting sick on the airplane, seats in the middle, delays and again seats in the middle as well as seperated from each other...But we made it and all of our luggage made it as well.

We forgot to write about the Circus we went to. It is called Weltweihnachtszirkus and it has many many famous artists. There were also some really cute cyclists from Mongolia. Check this out:



The things flying aroun in the air are plates. So the girls were riding a unicycle with one leg only and the other leg held plates and those plates were thrown from one girl's foot onto the other girl's head. They caught around 5 plates like that and at the end one of the girls caught a teepot with her head only while riding the bike. By the way: the unicyles were about 1.50-2 meters tall!!!
Back in Flagstaff we went Cross Country Skiing-what a great workout. Here are some pictures:


The end of January will be our first bike race for the 2008 season-the Swiss Crit in Phoenix.

It is surprising that you can go skiing and road biking on the same day in Flagstaff-the streets are clear of snow, but in the ski trails are full of it. But we are expecting a snow storm next week. We might have to go to Sedona to train then.

One thing is for sure: OUR BUTTS HURT FROM TRAVELLING!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you guys had a blog going! I am going to add you to my list of blogs :) Thanks, I like "Tschuessi", I knew you would give me some good ones! I guess I will just have to make my way up north for a day or two! I miss you guys!! Tell everyone 'HI' for me!