Saturday, December 22, 2007

Glühwein on day 3

Angi and I made our way to the Stuttgarter Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market) yesterday. We took some pics but due to some technical difficulties we won't be showing them in this post. Maybe later. Here is a pic I pulled off the internet. Ours look very similar i.e. no snow.



So, I have to admit that I was tricked by Angi and her mother. They said we were going to the weihnachtsmarkt to drink gluhwein (a hot spiced wine) and eat lunch. After two hours of shopping we finally made our way there for a glass of gluhwein but then, right back to shopping. Before we went home, after I threw a bit of a fit, we swung by again and I got my roasted almonds (mmmmm).



Before this year it was just Stuttgart, my adopted home away from home. But now its the city that hosted the 2007 World Championships of cycling. Although there is no sign of the race being here, I thought it was cool to be there. I'll do my best to take a lap on the course. Angi's brother lives nearby which will be a good place to stage.

No comments: